You and your friends can experience Tuscaloosa’s most haunted locations in a brand new way! The 1.5 hour long Haunted Tuscaloosa Tour will begin at the historic Drish House. The Drish house has recently ranked the most haunted house in Alabama, but the tour will continue to several other local areas where hair-raising tales will be told and Tuscaloosa’s dark history will be revealed. Don’t miss out on this experience! Book your tour today.
About the Drish House
The Drish House is a historic Tuscaloosa house built in 1837 by Dr. John R. Drish. Over the years, people have repeatedly reported fires in the highest tower of the spooky house, but there were never any fires. Legend has it that the house, which over the years has served as multiple businesses and a church but now is a renovated venue, is haunted.
After Drish died in 1867, his wife kept the candles from his funeral and directed them to be used at her own funeral, according to the stories. Then, when she died in 1884, the candles could not be found. The scary part is that people have reportedly seen the lit candles and Sarah Drish, the wife, in the tower late at night,
Nika McCool is the current owner of the Drish House. And even she has some stories to tell. According to her, a security guard saw a woman in the towers a few weeks ago during an event being held there, even though no one at the event had access to the tower.
“I haven’t seen her,” McCool said. “People occasionally see her.”
It’s these kinds of stories that tourists can hear on the new Haunted Tuscaloosa Tours hosted by the Tuscaloosa Paranormal Research Group and the Drish House.
Need More Information?
Tour Tuscaloosa’s haunted locations in the comfort of a 35-seat coach. Your tour introduces you to 16 haunted locations. Also, Look forward to a brief walking tour of 3 of the locations. And make sure you wear comfortable shoes. All tours begin/end at the Drish House and are approximately 60-90 minutes in length, concluding with a tour of the Drish House.
The cost of tours are as follows:
- Adults (13+): $25
- Student/Military Discount: $20 (must show ID on tour date)
- Kids 8-12: $15
- Group Discount: 20 or more $20 per person (for standard tour)
- Tours with investigation, add $10 to standard tour rates
- Vintage Trolley Bus: Seats up to 30, plus 6 standing positions.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure.
- No children under 8 are permitted. All children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted on the tour.
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission
Save The Dates:
- Friday, September 8 – 7:00, 8:30, 10:00 P.M.
- Friday, September 22 – 7:00, 8:30, 10:00 P.M.
- Saturday, September 23 – TBA
- Friday, September 29 – 7:00, 8:30, 10:00 P.M.
- Friday, October 6 – 7:00, 8:30, 10:00 P.M.
- Friday, October 13 – 7:00, 8:30, 10:00 P.M.
- Friday, October 20 – 7:00, 8:30, 10:00 P.M.
- Saturday, October 21 – TBA
- Friday, November 3 – 8:30, 10:00 P.M.
- Sunday, October 29, “Hardly Haunted” – Children Friendly Special Event TBA